The Technical Support Engineer III position is the link between our general support staff and product engineering team. This position is responsible for testing and resolving escalated technical issues that are impacting the performance of the existing software. The Technical Support Engineer III position is responsible for prioritizing issues based on severity and overall impact to our clients. This position assists in documenting problem defects and taking corrective actions as necessary.
We’re excited to hire a new Tech Support Engineer III who can:
- Compile accurate documentation based on high level code changes
- Evaluate and prioritize reported issues based on severity and overall impact to the existing system and clients
- Perform troubleshooting of program errors to diagnose root cause
- Assist in maintenance and updates of internal CivicPlus resources
- Test and make small modifications to the application
- Work from outlined specifications established by the software developer teams
- Assist in analyzing user needs and specifications of issue resolution
- Perform other duties as assigned
There is no perfect candidate, but we are looking for:
- Able to work at a computer and monitor for extended periods of time
- Must be able to be on the phone for extended periods of time
- Able to operate and use a personal computer
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks / deadlines
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent skill set
- SQL based database experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Services/AWS and Solr preferred
*Note: We know that excellent candidates can have all sorts of backgrounds and experiences, so please don’t hesitate to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the listed requirements!
We offer competitive salary and benefits packages, including health insurance, retirement plans, flexible time off, and a commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging. If you are passionate about technology and want to make a meaningful impact in your community, we’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We desire to have our employees reflect the diverse communities we serve, and we recognize that diverse and inclusive teams lead to more innovation and better financial returns. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What is our hiring process?
- Introductory Call with a member of our Talent Acquisition team.
- First Interview with the Hiring Manager
- Second Interview- Panel Interview with up to 4 CivicPlus Team Members
- Interview Project Activity- This activity is designed to give us insight into your problem-solving approach and methods.
Please note that the specifics of this process may vary based on the position you're applying for.
CivicPlus® is a trusted technology company dedicated to empowering government staff and powering exceptional digital experiences for residents. With a comprehensive suite of solutions that combine to form THE modern Civic Experience Platform, we strive to create one-stop, frictionless, interactions that delight residents and help staff collaborate and work efficiently. As a result, government administrations that choose CivicPlus realize greater trust and satisfaction among their community members. Backed by over 25 years of experience and leveraging the insights of more than 850 team members, our solutions are chosen by over 10,000 customers and are used daily by over 340 million people in the U.S. and Canada alone.
- CivicPlus is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. At CivicPlus, we celebrate and support diversity for the benefit of our employees, products, clients, and communities we serve.
- Upon receiving an offer of employment, candidates must complete required pre-employment screenings, which include a drug test and background screen. Offer of employment is contingent upon this post-offer screening process. All testing will be conducted by a licensed independent administrator, which will follow testing standards and background screens in accordance with state law.
- We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and will make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities during the interview process. If you require an accommodation, please let us know in advance so we can make appropriate arrangements. We welcome and encourage candidates of all abilities to apply for this position.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from CivicPlus. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment or request interviews via text message. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at [email protected] with any information you may have.