The Supplement Editor, based in our office in Tallahassee, Florida, is responsible for interpreting legal material from municipal clients for appropriate handling and placement in a unified document. The Editor presents legal information in an organized format, editing documents for accuracy and style consistency. They prepare legal material for accurate presentation both online and in print. The Editor is inherently motivated and works successfully in a team atmosphere.
We’re excited to hire a new Supplement Editor who can:
- Organize, plan, and prioritize projects.
- Edit legal documents for accuracy and style consistency.
- Interpret legal material for appropriate placement in a unified document.
- Present legal information in an organized outline format.
- Maintain contact with clients through professional communication.
There is no perfect candidate, but we are looking for:
- Proficient computer and communication skills.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- A strong attention to detail and the ability to learn new technical subject matter quickly.
- The ability to coordinate multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Word is required.
- Experience with XML and Adobe InDesign is a plus.
- Relevant professional experience
Nice to have:
*Note: We know that excellent candidates can have all sorts of backgrounds and experiences, so please don’t hesitate to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the listed requirements!
We offer competitive salary and benefits packages, including health insurance, retirement plans, flexible time off, and a commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging. If you are passionate about technology and want to make a meaningful impact in your community, we’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We desire to have our employees reflect the diverse communities we serve, and we recognize that diverse and inclusive teams lead to more innovation and better financial returns. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What is our hiring process?
- Introductory Call with a member of our Talent Acquisition team.
- First Interview with the Hiring Manager
- Second Interview- Panel Interview with up to 4 CivicPlus Team Members
- Interview Project Activity- This activity is designed to give us insight into your problem-solving approach and methods.
Please note that the specifics of this process may vary based on the position you're applying for.
CivicPlus® is a trusted technology company dedicated to empowering government staff and powering exceptional digital experiences for residents. With a comprehensive suite of solutions that combine to form THE modern Civic Experience Platform, we strive to create one-stop, frictionless, interactions that delight residents and help staff collaborate and work efficiently. As a result, government administrations that choose CivicPlus realize greater trust and satisfaction among their community members. Backed by over 25 years of experience and leveraging the insights of more than 850 team members, our solutions are chosen by over 10,000 customers and are used daily by over 340 million people in the U.S. and Canada alone.
- CivicPlus is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. At CivicPlus, we celebrate and support diversity for the benefit of our employees, products, clients, and communities we serve.
- Upon receiving an offer of employment, candidates must complete required pre-employment screenings, which include a drug test and background screen. Offer of employment is contingent upon this post-offer screening process. All testing will be conducted by a licensed independent administrator, which will follow testing standards and background screens in accordance with state law.
- We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and will make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities during the interview process. If you require an accommodation, please let us know in advance so we can make appropriate arrangements. We welcome and encourage candidates of all abilities to apply for this position.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from CivicPlus. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment or request interviews via text message. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at [email protected] with any information you may have.