The Product Operations Manager (Solutions Operations Manager) will play a critical part in optimizing our product management processes and implementing departmental tools. This role will drive continuous process improvement and data-driven decision making within the Product Strategy team and collaborate with cross-functional teams to improve efficiencies. A passion for problem solving and strong communication and project management skills will be essential to success.
This role requires the ability to think both strategically and tactically, persistent attention to detail, and a self-starter that is able drive results while working with a high degree of ambiguity. The ideal candidate will have product management and/or product operations experience.
- Project Management: Lead various operational projects from initiation to completion. Define project scopes, objectives, and timelines. Coordinate with team members to ensure project milestones are met. Identify and mitigate potential project risks. Prepare project requirements, plans, analyses, methods, documents, reports, and reviews for stakeholders as appropriate.
- Process Improvement: Continuously assess and improve product management and operational processes. Identify bottlenecks, inefficiencies, and areas for optimization. Propose and implement process improvements to increase productivity and streamline workflows. Plan, train and implement new department processes including roles and responsibilities, onboarding, and product management standards.
- Operationalize Department Tools: Effectively implement, manage, and support internal tools, including product management software, data analytics platforms (Pendo) and communication tools. Ensure team members are trained and proficient in using these tools and track usage to identify and close gaps.
- Data-Driven Decision Making: Enable and promote data-driven decision making within the Product Management teams. Analyze and understand product, technology and business data to identify key metrics and KPIs to track progress and success. Implement dashboards and reporting to share data and outcomes with product teams, leadership, and key stakeholders.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Support, to identify communication and collaboration gaps. Develop strategies to address and resolve these gaps and streamline handoffs to enhance productivity and efficiency.
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintain accurate records, documentation, and reports related to product operations projects and deliverables at both product and portfolio levels. Create and deliver regular updates to the Senior Director of Product Operations and other stakeholders. Organize and maintain SOPs and Product Operations files within shared repositories (SharePoint, Internal Knowledge Base).
There is no perfect candidate, but we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Product Management, or a related field.
- 3+ years of related industry or position experience in product, operations, or data/analysis.
- Proven experience in project management and process improvement.
- Ability to speak on technical subjects related to the job, facilitate training, and present effectively to leadership and stakeholders.
- Proficiency in using project management and data analytics tools. PMP and/or Pendo certification preferred.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft products, advanced skills in PowerPoint and Excel preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage in healthy conflict and have difficult conversations.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Passion for staying up-to-date with industry trends and best practices.
*Note: We know that excellent candidates can have all sorts of backgrounds and experiences, so please don’t hesitate to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the listed requirements!
We offer competitive salary and benefits packages, including health insurance, retirement plans, flexible time off, and a commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging. If you are passionate about technology and want to make a meaningful impact in your community, we’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We desire to have our employees reflect the diverse communities we serve, and we recognize that diverse and inclusive teams lead to more innovation and better financial returns. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What is our hiring process?
- Introductory Call with a member of our Talent Acquisition team.
- First Interview with the Hiring Manager
- Second Interview- Panel Interview with up to 4 CivicPlus Team Members
- Interview Project Activity- This activity is designed to give us insight into your problem-solving approach and methods.
Please note that the specifics of this process may vary based on the position you're applying for.
CivicPlus® is a trusted technology company dedicated to empowering government staff and powering exceptional digital experiences for residents. With a comprehensive suite of solutions that combine to form THE modern Civic Experience Platform, we strive to create one-stop, frictionless, interactions that delight residents and help staff collaborate and work efficiently. As a result, government administrations that choose CivicPlus realize greater trust and satisfaction among their community members. Backed by over 25 years of experience and leveraging the insights of more than 850 team members, our solutions are chosen by over 10,000 customers and are used daily by over 340 million people in the U.S. and Canada alone.
- CivicPlus is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. At CivicPlus, we celebrate and support diversity for the benefit of our employees, products, clients, and communities we serve.
- Upon receiving an offer of employment, candidates must complete required pre-employment screenings, which include a drug test and background screen. Offer of employment is contingent upon this post-offer screening process. All testing will be conducted by a licensed independent administrator, which will follow testing standards and background screens in accordance with state law.
- We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and will make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities during the interview process. If you require an accommodation, please let us know in advance so we can make appropriate arrangements. We welcome and encourage candidates of all abilities to apply for this position.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from CivicPlus. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment or request interviews via text message. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at [email protected] with any information you may have.